Monday 31 October 2011

Taking up the gauntlet

Anne, over at Highly Allochthonous, has set a challenge for herself, and the rest of us—get those papers we have been meaning to write finished up and ready to submit during November. The timing is perfect. While I have had, in theory, 10 months with nothing to do but write up the results of my research, in reality I enjoyed my time of unemployment by doing non science adventures with my new love. But my life of leisure is at an end, starting with tomorrow, 1 November, I am employed once again.

I know from experience that starting a new job can make it difficult to finish up papers from the last project, but they tell me that it could be 10 days before I get a computer in my office and I won't have the meeting to get the data from the mining companies until some as-yet-to-be-determined date, which is a grand excuse to seriously sit down and catch up on those last few tasks to finish up the two papers that have been in progress for longer than they should have been. Stay tuned for updates on progress towards this goal…

No comments: